Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

My Windows 10 laptop has stopped detecting the microphone from my Voyager 8200 headset.
Still works as a headset without a problem.
I go into device manager and under "Audio inputs and outputs" i only see the "Headset Earphone (Plantronics BT600)" device. I DO NOT see the "Headset Microphone (Plantronics BT600)" device.
Issue is specific to this laptop and has been working previously.
If i connect the BT600 USB to another laptop as see both those devices in Device Manager and all works well.
Cant seem to find a way to complete remove and reinstall the drivers as i believe it uses generic windows drivers so at a loss to see how i can get windows to re-detect the microphone component.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Rodney 

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Can you select view in Device Manager and add hidden devices?

Can you see it there now under the Audio inputs and outputs? 

If yes then click on the Speaker Symbol via right-click, select Sounds, Recording, and see if the Microphone is simply disabled.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi @Steffen,

Thanks for your reply, yes I tried that, and even tried the method of using cmd prompt to set flag to show disconnected devices before opening device manager.

Also tried deleting and uninstalling the Plantronic devices and then rescanning hoping it would make it appear again but no success.

Seems like something is blocking that device but can’t figure out how to even see any errors around it to troubleshoot further.

Found a workaround however to pair the headset via Bluetooth directly to PC (and not via the BT600) which essentially creates another set of devices. Via this method I do get a microphone headset device. Not sure if there is any feature loss this way but only workaround I found.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.