Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I just got a new poly 5200 UC headset, like literally today. From Amazon.  I got this one because of the Alexa Capability.  Unfortunately the headset is not recognised by my Plantronics Hub on my phone, and all the documentation i find says I have to load the app into plantronics hub.  I deleted my hub app and went to re-download it in case there was an update, and found out the Plantronics hub is no longer available on the Google play store as it has been discontinued.  Instead I have to us something called Poly Lens, so I got that, installed it and it does indeed see my headset and lets me make settings changes to it, EXCEPT for alexa integration.  There simply does not seem to be that present or any way to add apps like the old Plantronics hub had.  I tried to add the hub skill to my alexa app, but that no longer exists either.  Now somehow my alexa app did somewhat 'pair' with the headset, but only to use the microphone as input when actually using the alexa app.  All I want is the advertised ability to press the alexa button on the headset and be able to use alexa directly without having to pull out my phone, open the alexa app, speak my command, close the app and put away my phone.

So how do I pair my alexa to my 5200 now???

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @sfraden ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Can we try and keep the language professional?

The Poly Lens app has replaced the Plantronics Hub and does not yet support all headsets or features. Usually, for the Google store, there are repositories where you can download older apps like the Plantronics Hub if you need an older version.

The best and quickest way forward is to contact our Support organization as the community is run by volunteers only.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.