Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have Plantronics voyager focus 2, I have connected it via a USB adapter (BT600). But when I switch off the headset, the sound is not fall back to normal speakers. But if I use Bluetooth to connect, and then after switching off the headset, it will fall back to normal windows sounds (laptop speakers). 

Can anyone help me with how to do this with USB adapter? I always have to manually switch between two outputs via the sound icon in the system tray.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @ch_pa,

Welcome to Poly Community.

By design your any USB Headset (corded/cordless) is a slave device so it is not able to act on its own. The issue seems likely related to your computer audio drivers or settings. As a basic:

- set BT600 as default playback and recording device.

- test same device on another pc and see are you able to replicate same issue? if not then you need to check audio settings on 1st pc.or update drivers manually from your PC manufacturer's website.

- check if your PC is using Intel SST driver? if yes, then disable it and test: https://www.poly.com/us/en/support/knowledge-base/kb-article-page?lang=en_US&urlName=Customer-issue-...

- update the headset/USB Adapter firmware via Lens/HUB software and test behavior.

- try making a fresh pairing between Bluetooth or wireless headset and USB receiver and this can fix connectivity or link drop issues.

- Sometimes disabling other sound devices in sound control panel may also help with issue. You should also update OS.

If issue pesists then contact tour I.T. Admin or PC manufacturer to get help with this issue.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Admin is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. This forum replies or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer. Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.

HP Recommended

Thanks, Bhupender.

I have done all of the things you mentioned but still, the laptop is not selecting its own speakers when I switch off the headset. It is only selecting (auto) it when I remove the USB dongle from the laptop.

My expected behavior is to fall back to laptop speakers when switching off the headset switch. This is working if I use Bluetooth mode to connect or remove BT600 dongle from the laptop. 

Is this normal behavior for all? if yes can I have an explanation why is it like this?

HP Recommended

@ch_pa,

By any chance you are using Win 11 where issue is noticed?

If yes, then try disabling the rest of the audio devices (your pc speakers in this case) under Playback Tab in sound settings and see if this stops switching back to speakers? If you are indeed using windows 11 where issue is encountered then please know that window 11 is not listed as supported OS officially. It is hard to say if this is intentional (a design change/automation  within OS so that PC smartly start using next available audio device) or a bug without OS vendor (Microsoft) confirming it.

Please understand that we do not manufacture drivers for USB headsets. The headset uses native OS drivers from MAC & Windows. Since it is not a known issue on Wiindow 10 or older OS versions we suggest you to contact your PC manufacturer to get a solution/workaround related to USB/Audio drivers issues.

HP Recommended

Did you ever get a fix for this? I just got my headset and having the same issue

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.