Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I've been using a Plantronics Voyager Legend headset for over a year now and it has been great. After I upgraded my MacBook Air from Big Sur to Monterey...it started constantly muting while I am speaking in a meeting. It happens in both Zoom and Google Meet....just randomly mutes and I have to press the mute button on th eheadset to un-mute myself. Very frustrating and makes calls difficult. I have tried a bluetooth headset that does not have a mute feature (PowerBeats) and they do not do the same think. There is an Apple forum thread about some similar things going on with Monterey that I have posted on as well which can be found here: 

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253371535?answerId=256478320022&login=true&page=2

I'm not sure if this is an issue with the headset or with MacOS Monterey..but I essentially cannot use my Plantronics headset for calls any more :(. 

Thanks for any advice anyone might have. 

-Jess

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @JessPDX ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

looking at this the only part that has changed is the MacOS so I can only suggest contacting Apple and getting this into their support.

From reading the shared topic this is not a Poly isolated issue and many other manufacturers seem to have the same issue.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @JessPDX ,

Welcome to Poly Community.

The Voyager Legend had 3 variants.

1)Voyager Legend (tested for Android/iOS smartphone and tablets usage)

2) Voyager Legend UC (can pair with an Android/iOS smartphone or Tablet + PC via BT300 USB adapter)

3) Voyager Legend CS (can pair with an Android/iOS smartphone or Tablet + supported office desk phones* via its base station)

So if you intend to use the headset with computers (Windows or MAC) then we advise the 2nd option. But many times users end up buying the 1st variant and later sometimes they start using the headset directly with computers. Though it is not tested by us so we cannot guarantee how well these direct connections will work or behave with computer applications so if they work then great, if not then you need to buy the optional BT300 USB adapter.

Now why you need this additional USB adapter then you can refer to this link =>here<= which applies to BT300 too.

If issue is being experienced over the BT300 connection then please contact our technical support and raise a case so that we can investigate further.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Admin is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. This forum replies or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer. Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.

*Refer to desk phone compatibility to know more about compatibility between your desk phone and Poly headset model in use.

HP Recommended

Have you found a solution to this?  I have the exact same issue, except with my Voyager Focus UC headsets. My issues, I believe, started happening after a headset firmware upgrade.  Both my headsets now exhibit this.  I'm also using Monterey btw.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.