Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I do not have a headset in front of me right now, but I wanted to make a quick query to find out if there is a way to not have the headset shut off audio immediately when there is silence.

I love the headset, but this one feature annoys me.  If there is silence, then the headset seems to disconnect the audio.  Short snips of audio do not come through.  Only when there is sustained audio being sent to the headset will it turn on.

I would really like to know if there is a way to disable this.  I can live with shorter battery life. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @JonDoran 

Welcome to Poly community. 

Could you please check if your PC has Intel® Smart Sound Technology for USB audio installed?

• Click “Start” > type Device Manager and click open
  • From Device Manager, pop-up expand “Sound, Video and Game Controllers”
  • Select Intel® Smart Sound Technology for USB Audio
    From the Intel® Smart Sound Technology for USB Audio pop-up window select the “Driver” Tab
  • Click on “Disable Device”

After disabling Intel® Smart Sound Technology for USB Audio, restart your PC and then try & reproduce the issue. 

Regards,

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with a W10 desktop.

After about ten minutes of an on-going call, I can no longer here the distant caller, but latter can hear me. To remedy, I remove UCB Wifi adptor from USB 2.0 jack and then re-insert. I can then immediately hear caller again. Hence, the Focus UC must be reset or rebooted to remedy problem.

Under Sound, Video and Game Controllers in Device Manager:

High Definition Audio Device

Poly BT700

Realtek High Definition Audio

SB Audigy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.