Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a couple of Voyager 5200 headsets - both came with the BT700 dongles and both have Dec 22 build dates with Jan 2025 warranty dates. My headset is marked Poly, while my wife's is marked Plantronics.

We have identical Android phones. She downloaded the Plantronics Hub on her phone and the app identified her headset and allowed her to modify settings.

My phone, on the other hand, won't identify the headset and the Hub app says "Select a Device" and,  when the 5200 is selected, gives me two options - How do I? and Buttons & Lights. The hamburger (three lines top right) gives me the Menu and two apps BackBeat FIT companion and BackBeat GO 3. Closing the sidebar returns me to the main screen but instead of the select a device I get Learn_about_separator. Selecting that allows me to select the 5200 again but nothing more.

OK, so I figured that there is an issue with that app and my phone (although I couldn't figure out why), so I headed over to my laptop, paired the headset and fired up Poly Lens - it doesn't find the headset. I plug in the BT700, it finds that and the 5200 shows up and allows me to change settings, but as soon as I unplug the BT700 and connect the 5200 directly via BT, it is grayed out.

What am I doing wrong? Otherwise, the headset works perfectly.

I haven't tried it with my wife's phone or with one of my Focus 2 headsets without the dongles. The Focus2s work fine with the BT700 dongles and the Poly or hub software.

Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Same problem

HP Recommended

Very odd. Good to know that I'm not alone, but it is disturbing that nobody else (like Poly) has responded.

HP Recommended

Hello @CharlesB  and @rigiy21 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

The best and quickest way forward is to contact our Support organization as the community is run by volunteers only.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.