Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have had the Voyager 4320 since late November 2021.  It connects via BT to my PC and to my Samsung phone.  It worked fine until an update sometime in January.  I saw the FW update available in the Poly Lens and updated to the latest FW.  After the updates (now there have been 2) the Cell Phone connection drops when there is no active call for about 2-3 minutes.  In order to reestablish connection I have to go into the phone bluetooth settings, and reconnect.  Alternatively, I can power down the headset and power it back on.

If I only pair the cell phone and NOT the PC at the same time, the Cell phone stays connected.  As soon as I pair the PC, the Cell phone will disconnect after a few minutes of no activity.

I want to get the FW files that were installed on the 4320 from the factory when it was manufactured.  I suspect the files that were on the headset were the October 2021 FW file.  How do I get the files from October 2021, Version v391.1601

Support is very slow to reply, with a single reply a day asking basic questions that are leading nowhere fast.

I have reset the settings on the phone, I have unpaired and re-paired.  Cleared cache. Everything and still the same problem.  I found another user review on Amazon with a very similar issue after an update in December and attached the screen shot here. 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @MaHoTex,

Welcome to Poly Community.

This is not an issue we are aware off. Your post does not meet minimum information that we have specified in our community rules/guidelines. We will appreciate that from next time onward you fulfill these requirements before initiating any topic. Coming back to your issue, we do have offline firmware update possibility but community page is not the right page to request assistance for such issues.

Troubleshooting or providing support via the community is outside the scope for myself as an Poly employee.

Please raise a ticket with Poly Technical Support to request this FW update package (it depends on the situation and support policies/guidelines as to what extent it can be fulfilled or not) for manual update/s.

We recommend user to provide the following details for quick assistance:

• Device SN and its Product ID (PID) from Lens.
• Current firmware version and the one you are trying to upgrade/downgrade to.
• Lens/HUB (whichever applicable) version in use.

Also let our team know how you are connecting the headset with computer (via USB cable or directly pairing with internal Bluetooth radio of your PC) and its OS version in use etc.

You can send these details over an email to headset.helpline@poly.com to get assistance in this matter.

Please share feedback if this reply has helped you so that other community members can profit from your experience. 

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer. Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.

HP Recommended

Support case is already open as I said in my original post.  Was hopeful someone in this community would have the FW I am looking for to get this headset working as it was when purchased.

Answers to technical info requested below:

1) For Firmware upgrade/downgrade issues include the following:

• What version you are on and what version you re upgrading/downgrading to when issue is faced? 

Currently on the latest Version, 518.2109.  Prior to that I do not know what version.  It is a new headset purchased late November 2021, so I would assume it was running the October FW release or earlier.

• Product model and serial number if possible.

Model 4320 as it says in the title.  SN FJ036L

• OS version and HUB/Lens version in use when issue faced.

Win10 latest version, Lens 1.1.11

• PID or Product ID of device.

PID 0x0167

4) For Bluetooth Headset or Pairing issues include the following:

• Share exact headset/speaker (whether using M version or Standard version etc.) model and its firmware/software version in use.

Standard 4320 Voyager, FW listed above

• OS version in use if pairing is not happening on PC.

Android 12 for phone, Windows 10 for PC.

• Confirm if pairing is tried on PC via supplied BT300/600/700 USB adapter or trying directly with native Bluetooth Radio of PC?

I use the Poly BT adapter for the PC connection.

• If facing issues with smartphone pairing, then do you know how to put headset into manual pair mode? Look for subsequent pairing or manual pairing instructions in user manual of headset and see if this helps. Same applies to pairing on Windows/MAC computers.

I did the reset and then manual pairing instructions provided by Poly support.

• Were you able to pair headset with another device/s?

Yes, it pairs to anything, it just will not stay connected if audio is idle.  

HP Recommended

Hello @MaHoTex,

As mentioned in my original message troubleshooting or providing support via the community is outside the scope for myself as a Poly employee. But it seems to me a potential hardware issue on headset but to get confirmation or to perform basic troubleshooting please contact with Poly Technical Support.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply, or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer. Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.

HP Recommended

I was able to revert back to v391.1601 and have been running it for over an hour with no cell phone disconnects.  Initial testing is very promising.  

HP Recommended

Hello @MaHoTex,

Good to know that it is working for you. I suggest you to log a formal ticket so that it can be highlighted to our engineering team once ticket gets escalated and they can scope the latest firmware for any such potential issues (I was not able to find any similar issues in my initial search). Please ignore my message if ticket was already escalated (if you wish to pursue it then reply via your existing case email back to Poly support requesting them to do so).

Troubleshooting or providing support via the community is outside the scope for myself as a Poly employee.

This forum reply, or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer. Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.

HP Recommended

Hi

I'm having the exact same issue. It's annoying as it can be with the constant "phone disconnected" messages. 

Can you share where you got the old firmware from? Was it provided by support or can you download it from somewhere?

Thanks

HP Recommended

It was sent to me by Support.  After the downgrade the problem was better but still happened.  I ended up getting a replacement headset and it is working without issue.  It is running verson 0.0.282.833 and the adapter is running 0.0.307.2273.

It comes up every restart saying there is new FW but I am NOT going to update it.

HP Recommended

Thanks,

I ended up sending mine back today. Too many issues with switching between phone and laptop (dongle on the laptop). Things like audio from any media source (Spotify, tidal, YouTube) on phone not being played on the headset when the dongle is connected although idle on the laptop. Or ridiculously low volume from the mic, even if almost touching the mouth... I used a voyager focus UC before and was expecting this to be an upgrade. 

I hope mine was a rare case of being a lemon and others have a better experience.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.