I got some issue with my Poly Voyager 4320 headset. It's connected to a windows pc by the poly BT700 USB-C bluetooth dongle.
If I use it in a MS-Teams-Meeting and i want to unmute myself by using the unmute button on the headset, it unmutes only short time (1 second) and then goes back to mute immediatley. I found out the following:
- the problem only appears in Teams (e.g. Skype is no problem)
- it only appears if plantronics hub or poly lens is running
- second time pushing the unmute button, it always works
- same problem when muting --> sometimes i have to push twice to mute
I think there's some kind of double trigger when i push the button.
Does someone else has this kind of problem? Any solution?
Welcome to Poly Community !!
Please go through the following steps which are necessary to ensure these functions are supported, either for non-Teams certified or Teams certified headsets.
Non-Teams certified personal devices:
1. Poly HUB software has to be installed
2. Skype for Business process has to be closed completely as it otherwise takes priority of these functions
3. The green tick for "Connected" to Microsoft Teams has to be visible in HUB's internal softphone list. (HUB>Settings>Softphones)
4. The co-existence mode of the user has to be set to "Teams Only" mode on the admin level. Call control functions to Teams are not supported if the account is set to another mode such as "Islands" mode.
Teams certified personal devices:
1. Poly HUB software does NOT have to be installed
2. Skype for Business process has to be closed entirely as it otherwise takes priority of these functions
3. The co-existence mode of the user has to be set to "Teams Only" mode on the admin level. Call control functions to Teams are not supported if the account is set to another mode such as "Islands" mode.
NOTE: Call control functions of Teams-certified devices are also supported if the system is set up for non-Teams-certified devices.
More info on the mentioned co-existence modes can be found via Microsoft's knowledgebase:
I just received this headset as a replacement for a 4220 because the mute button stopped working.
I am also experiencing the double mute. I've only done Teams calls since I received the headset and, on a few occasions, have experienced the double mute. I am on mute, press the mute button and hear "Mute off" and then immediately "Mute On". The next time I press it I get "Mute off" and it stays off. I am only running Poly Lens.
Good afternoon! On a replacement new Voyager 4310 headset with the same issue as the one I replaced.
I moved this to this existing post.
Best suggestion is to contact Poly HP Support as we all are just volunteers here.
If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here----------------
Thank you! I went through support and they sent me a new headset with the same issue. So I've been holding VERY still during calls!!