Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I got some issue with my Poly Voyager 4320 headset. It's connected to a windows pc by the poly BT700 USB-C bluetooth dongle.

If I use it in a MS-Teams-Meeting and i want to unmute myself by using the unmute button on the headset, it unmutes only short time (1 second) and then goes back to mute immediatley. I found out the following:

- the problem only appears in Teams (e.g. Skype is no problem)

- it only appears if plantronics hub or poly lens is running

- second time pushing the unmute button, it always works

- same problem when muting --> sometimes i have to push twice to mute

I think there's some kind of double trigger when i push the button.

Does someone else has this kind of problem? Any solution?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Bumpelkopf 

Welcome to Poly Community !!

Please go through the following steps which are necessary to ensure these functions are supported, either for non-Teams certified or Teams certified headsets.

Non-Teams certified personal devices:

1. Poly HUB software has to be installed

2. Skype for Business process has to be closed completely as it otherwise takes priority of these functions

3. The green tick for "Connected" to Microsoft Teams has to be visible in HUB's internal softphone list. (HUB>Settings>Softphones)

4. The co-existence mode of the user has to be set to "Teams Only" mode on the admin level. Call control functions to Teams are not supported if the account is set to another mode such as "Islands" mode.

Teams certified personal devices: 

1. Poly HUB software does NOT have to be installed

2. Skype for Business process has to be closed entirely as it otherwise takes priority of these functions

3. The co-existence mode of the user has to be set to "Teams Only" mode on the admin level. Call control functions to Teams are not supported if the account is set to another mode such as "Islands" mode.

NOTE: Call control functions of Teams-certified devices are also supported if the system is set up for non-Teams-certified devices.

More info on the mentioned co-existence modes can be found via Microsoft's knowledgebase:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-and-skypeforbusiness-coexistence-and-interoper...

HP Recommended

I just received this headset as a replacement for a 4220 because the mute button stopped working.

I am also experiencing the double mute. I've only done Teams calls since I received the headset and, on a few occasions, have experienced the double mute. I am on mute, press the mute button and hear "Mute off" and then immediately "Mute On". The next time I press it I get "Mute off" and it stays off. I am only running Poly Lens.

HP Recommended

Good afternoon! On a replacement new Voyager 4310 headset with the same issue as the one I replaced.

• Updated Poly Lens
  • Connected to a Mac via Bluetooth.
  • When on a Teams/Ring Central call, my headset spontaneously mutes if I move my head.
  • I get a voice alert, and I can un-mute via the mute button.
  • Is there a setting that disables un commanded muting?

Regards,Rick

HP Recommended

Hello @Rixpolys 

I moved this to this existing post.

Best suggestion is to contact Poly HP Support as we all are just volunteers here.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier 

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you! I went through support and they sent me a new headset with the same issue. So I've been holding VERY still during calls!!

Rick

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.