Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I recently purchased the Voyager 4320 UC headset. The promotional materials indicate that the headset can be used with the mic boom either on the left or the right side.

While this is true, having the mic on the left results in the stereo sound being swapped when streaming (left channel in the right speaker and vice versa).

I'm wondering if it would be possible for Poly to add an option to the firmware (and the Hub/Lens software) to swap the left/right audio channels for users who prefer to have the mic on the left?

It seems like a pretty obvious feature to add but perhaps the hardware lacks the necessary capabilities?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @mil,

Welcome to Poly Community and thank you for sharing this.

Thank you for highlighting this. Sadly this is not the right platform to submit feature requests.

Any feature request/s related to USB headsets/speakers/Personal video cameras/Video bars can be submitted via our technical support channels (phone/email/chat). Poly ticketing system has an option to record such comments/requests as constructive feedback which is regularly reviewed by our concerned teams and depending on what features are being demanded by majority of users or have great impact on most users then those may get included in future firmware releases depending on feasibility and business justification. 

Please raise a ticket with Poly technical support to get this recorded so that we are aware what you need specifically from the given product and whether it becomes a possibility or not at least it is in our database for future references when designing/implementing any new features or maybe when launching new products/services.

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer. Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem and I consider it a flaw as long as there is not option in the software to deal with the correct right and left channels.

My point is that I use these headphones for virutal racing and sound is a very important feedback when racing with multiple cars around you.

Mine is a Voyager Focus UC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.