I'm having a very annoying issue for the last few months with my Poly Voyager Focus headphones. They used to work very reliably with MS Teams (at least on a basic level of joining the phone calls and being able to speak and listen), but recently I found that every now and then after joining a call my mic works and people can hear me, but I can't hear anyone. The device settings show correct device for speaker and microphone, yet I hear no audio at all. When I turn the headphones off and on again, everything starts working again.
Some calls are fine, some are with no audio initially. It's about 50-50%.
I did update the headphones' firmware today, but that didn't change anything.
I also realized that my colleague from work who's also using Poly headphones experiences the same issue and it was also working fine for him in the past and he started seeing this issue only for the last few months.
Thanks in advance
Hello @Pil ,
Welcome to Poly Community.
Thank you for sharing this.
It is not a known issue with Voyager Focus UC. The basic things you can try to isolate the issue is:
- ensure headset is paired to BT600 and the BT600 is set as default communication device for playback and recording in Windows Sound settings and also in the Teams audio settings.
- test if you are using a LAN connection as opposed to WiFi for Teams calls. As audio drop can be due to network/packet loss sometimes.
- update audio drivers.
- test headset with other applications or smartphone to see if issue is with teams or in general. If you make Teams calls via mobile phone app then issue is noticed? if not then issue appears indicates to be with PC setup. For PC audio troubleshooting refer to below link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-sound-problems-in-windows-10-73025246-b61c-40fb-671a...
- also you may refer to this link on Microsoft to see if this is what you are experiencing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/teams-randomly-not-recognising-audio-devices/7...
If you need more help then troubleshooting or providing support via the community is outside the scope for myself as an Poly employee.
Please raise a ticket with our Poly support so that they can assist further.
You will need to provide the following:
• Provide HUB verbose logs (if reproducible)
• Video of issue if possible as it will help visualize the issue.
• -Serial number or firmware version of headset/speaker/USB dongle when issue is noticed
• Softphone version in use etc.