Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

since 2 or 3 weeks, the battery of my charging case (Voyager 5200 UC) is self draining during the night (if the headset is stored).

Steps to reproduce :

- Charge both charging case and headset (wire connected to the computer).

- Remove the cable

- Leave the headset powered off into the charging case. Wait for one full night, then the charging case is completely empty.

If headset is not stored into the charging case, then the battery of charging case stays the same, without draining.

Any idea, anyone else same behavior ?

Thanks in advance,

Technical details

Charging case firmware : 213.93.0.3091

Headset software : 513

Poly lens desktop version : 1.1.26

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

i have same problem, replaced the charging case for warranty, updated the latest firmware as prompted by Poly PC software. Still no luck, same issue as you, charging case loosing charge very quickly next day to half and next day totally drained. please share solution if anyone knows what is causing this. i am now returning the voyager 5200 charging case back to service centre.

HP Recommended

Charge the headset (connected to the computer) and charging case simultaneously.

- Cut the wire.

- Place the headset in the charging case with the power off. Wait until the charging case is entirely empty after one full night.

If the charging case is not used to store the headset, the charging case's battery does not deplete.

HP Recommended

I will have to exchange it under warranty as well. Once done I'll try not to update the firmware and let you know how it behave. 

Might be related to firmware, as it was working fine before. 

HP Recommended

你的电池仓能够被  poly  lens  发现吗?我的手机 poly  lens APP发现不了而且耳机根本就充不上电。

HP Recommended

Hello @不羁的风 

this is an English-only section.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

For information, device has been finally exchanged. 

Current charging case firmware is "3054", update is available, of course, but I will not do it.

Headset is stored into the charging case without any draining since 4 days. So it's really due to firmware version.

Please, Poly, bring us the updated firmware that allow to use the charging case as a storage case, without draining the battery !

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I had my headset and charging case replaced under warranty, triggered the update from the Poly Lens app, and the issue came back. How do I downgrade to the previous firmware? The new firmware, according to the publish date, has been live since March 2023 and the bug hasn't been fixed yet. I'd like to be able to download the previous firmware so I can fix the battery life of my case.

HP Recommended

Hello, welcome to the HP Poly community.
Thank you for the update. 
I request you to please reach out to Poly customer support at 800-985-9815 for further warranty and replacement related queries. 

HP Recommended

Can you offer a way to rollback the firmware to an older, working version? I don't need to submit the device for a warranty claim (I already have).

What I need is either a way to go back to an older, working firmware version OR for HP Poly to release a fix as a newer firmware.

How can I get access to firmware version (EDIT) 3057 so I can roll back to it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.