Poly Voyager 5200 UC - Charging case does not charge headset

Rexall9000
Occasional Visitor

Poly Voyager 5200 UC - Charging case does not charge headset

Thu 5 May 2022, 11:30 am

Hi all,

I have used Voyagers for many years, without charging cases. The older units had a nice, desktop charging dock that worked perfectly. 

I just got two new  5200 UC with charging cases.  Maybe there is something I don't understand about how these are supposed to work.  First of all, the USB cable from the headset to the power works as expected; it goes from whatever talk time to fully charged in a couple of hours.   However, when I use the charging case (both plugged into the power or not plugged in), no charging occurs.  Voice stamp says, for example "Talk time 5 hours."  I leave it in or on the case over night, and the voice stamp still says "5 hours."   This same behavior happens with both of the units I bought.

I get 3 solid blue lights when I push the button on the case.

What am I missing?

Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Poly Farhan
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Poly Voyager 5200 UC - Charging case does not charge headset

Hello @Rexall9000 

Welcome to the Poly community.  

Please Charge the case for 90 minutes before docking your headset. Once the case is fully
charged, it can recharge your headset twice while on the go before needing connection to
a charge cable providing up to 14 hours of talk time

Please ensure that headset is docked properly as per the following image : 

PolyFarhan_0-1651727272444.png

NOTE : Always charge at near room temperatures; never charge battery at temperatures below
0°C (32°F) or above 40°C (104°F).

You can also try depleting headset battery completely and then charging it via charging case to see if that helps. 

If the issue persists, please raise a ticket with our support team

Regards,

Farhan Siddiqui
----------------

The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Message 2 of 4
Rexall9000
Occasional Visitor

Thanks.  I have read that page a number of times.
Can the case be plugged into the mains while the headset is charging?

Tks.

Message 3 of 4
Poly Farhan
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hi @Rexall9000 

Yes you can do that but we recommend to charge the case first and then dock the headset for best results. 

Regards,

Farhan Siddiqui
----------------

The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Message 4 of 4