Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Thu 24 Nov 2022, 8:48 am

Hi Steffen,

Thank you for your reply.  There didn't appear to be a "global chip shortage" when I bought the headsets/cases. I strongly suspect there would be no global chip shortage if I wanted to buy more today. In any event, I would have been happy as a pig in mud to accept cash in lieu of replacement. So, I think we can dismiss the global chip shortage theory as a weak argument.

In any event, I have moved on.  I only posted here I got notifications that others had been posting about the same problem. I just wanted to share my experience.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Rex

HP Recommended

I have had the same issue and quickly found what i believe to be the problem. It seems to be a design flaw. I am speaking of trying to charge in the exposed cradle section of the charger. Placing mine into the case (laying down) works fine. In the exposed cradle, when you look towards the bottom section there is a significant "rib" that runs left to right. There is NO accompanying notch in the headset to allow it to make contact with the charging contacts. I actually notched mine and have gotten it to seat properly here, but this is ridiculous to be needed!

HP Recommended

I'll have a looksee Rick.  Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.