Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Thu 5 May 2022, 11:30 am

Hi all,

I have used Voyagers for many years, without charging cases. The older units had a nice, desktop charging dock that worked perfectly. 

I just got two new  5200 UC with charging cases.  Maybe there is something I don't understand about how these are supposed to work.  First of all, the USB cable from the headset to the power works as expected; it goes from whatever talk time to fully charged in a couple of hours.   However, when I use the charging case (both plugged into the power or not plugged in), no charging occurs.  Voice stamp says, for example "Talk time 5 hours."  I leave it in or on the case over night, and the voice stamp still says "5 hours."   This same behavior happens with both of the units I bought.

I get 3 solid blue lights when I push the button on the case.

What am I missing?

Thanks for your help.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello @Rexall9000 

Welcome to the Poly community.  

Please Charge the case for 90 minutes before docking your headset. Once the case is fully
charged, it can recharge your headset twice while on the go before needing connection to
a charge cable providing up to 14 hours of talk time

Please ensure that headset is docked properly as per the following image : 

NOTE : Always charge at near room temperatures; never charge battery at temperatures below
0°C (32°F) or above 40°C (104°F).

You can also try depleting headset battery completely and then charging it via charging case to see if that helps. 

If the issue persists, please raise a ticket with our support team

Regards,

HP Recommended

Thanks.  I have read that page a number of times.
Can the case be plugged into the mains while the headset is charging?

Tks.

HP Recommended

Hi @Rexall9000 

Yes you can do that but we recommend to charge the case first and then dock the headset for best results. 

Regards,

HP Recommended

Has there been any progress on this issue?  I purchased a new Voyager 5200 UC within the last year and have never had the case fully charge the headset to "high" or 7 hours level.  It maxes out at 5 hours.  I charge the case without the headset attached so it is full with 3 lights, and will let the headset charge all night.  In the morning the results are always the same, 5 hours of talk time.  I don't have any other way of charging the headset.

Thank you,

Jason

HP Recommended

Fri 3 Jun 2022, 01:00 pm

Hi Jason,

My issue is still unresolved, but I believe I have learned a little more about the problem.  I have 4 cases and headsets.  It seems that only one case and one headset work as expected.  Sometimes the headset says "battery high," and occasionally has said "7 hours."  I don't know what the difference is.

The problem is that some of the cases seem to be defective. Whether I place the headset inside the case or leave it in the dock, if the battery starts are 3 hours, it will say the same thing next day. I left the headset in the dock and over several days, the battery got lower.  So, clearly the case and and the headset are simply not connecting.  Maybe that would be understandable if the gear was old and the contacts became corroded, but mine are brand new, and two come from completely different suppliers.

I spoke to support about two weeks ago. Nice enough and helpful enough.  They emailed me requesting proof of purchase, which I provided.  But I didn't get a reply. One week ago, last Friday 27 May, I followed up, but still have not heard back.

Support told me they would replace the cases.  They didn't say anything more, but I got the sense that this isn't the first time they have heard this and this may be a know issue with these cases.

I hope that shed a little light on it for you.

HP Recommended

I have this same issue.

My charging case only charges my headset for 1-2 seconds while the lights are on. 

No more.

HP Recommended

Hello @lindros99 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

The best and quickest way forward is to contact our Support organisation as the community is run by volunteers only.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am Rex,  the one who started this thread back in May. Subsequently, I spoke to Poly support. They were very nice and seemed eager to help (as they had been in previous conversations). Unfortunately, the turnaround time for replacing the charging cases would have been many weeks in the future due to shortage of stock available for replacement.  

The bottom line is that I have four brand new headsets and charging cases, one of which works, and the company--in spite of happy words--is not prepared to stand behind their product in a way this is practical or meaningful. 

It's a pity.  These things are not cheap.  Money down the drain and no recourse.

HP Recommended

Hello @Rexall9000 

do you have a Poly ticket reference?

Even though this forum is hosted by Poly an HP company, it is run by volunteers. The global chip shortage is affecting everybody.

I can try and follow this up.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.