Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I just received this new-in-box at my office. I have an issue where when I seat the headset onto the base (which should charge the headset) I get recurring beeps and a flashing battery indicator. When my colleagues set theirs in the base, it beeps once and the battery indicator turns solid.

I think it's an issue with the contacts on the headset. If I try to dock/seat my headset on another base, I have the same issue. If I use another headset on my base, it works fine. I tried cleaning the contacts with isopropyl alcohol, and that didn't work (side note, the contacts look worn which is strange because the purchaser at the company said they were bought new.) If I press REALLY HARD on the headset against the base, it stops beeping and seems to work. If I let the pressure off and remove my hand, it starts to beep again.

Any thoughts on why this might be happening?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.