Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello. I have a problem with my Poly 5200uc.

Phone: Samsung M21, but I did get same results on othe phone (Nokia 6.2).

Problem: Randomly mic stop working. Other side cant hear anything or some ambient noise. I can hear other side without any problem all the time. Happens usually outside, but also in very quiet environment without wind or any othe noise around. It is random like 60% working and 40% dont (outside). Also sometimes it is working with no problem in very noisy environment (wind and machine noise or trafic around).

History: I bought headset mid of last year. All was working fine untill before christmass. Then this problem start happen. So I did reaserrch on internet and tried following: update firmware (was on alst one anyway acc. to hub software), disable sensors, update phone and test on other phone, tested on quiet and noisy environment, also I tested if it happen during phone sending or receiving data - so I tested on wify and with just data send over 4g and then phone call, I tried to clean it (but it was sort a clean - I do sweat, but not much and I didnt use it during sport or so). I didnt dunk it in water or so... Nothing helped and it still was doing the same. Only thing I didnt tested was one advice I found somwhere - to plug noice caneling openings on the headset. Then I went to the shop to claim it and they exchange it for new right away without asking or cheking anything (nice servis and I was surprised as I didnt pay extra on purchase to get this immediate exchange servis).

So I got brand new headset and right from get go I have same issue. Mic cutting out right away or some seconds in call. Tried other phone, tried data sending and receiving during call and nothing helped. I tried different mic boom angle, but nothing helped and I have same issue.

Now Im seriously frustrated. I found on some forum that there is some issue on this headset with noise canceling system which in some cases do exactly this. It consider my voice as a background noise and cancels it out. Does anybody else have this issue? Is this known or considered as a problem in Poly? Is there any fix coming in that case? What should I do to fix that? If I go back to seller then I probably get new one, but that might end up same.... Please any help or advice is very welcome. Im prepared to test anything you suggest or whatever, but I need working headset. Very frustrating to get all the time people teling me that they cant hear me. Thanks in advance...

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Zmaila,

Welcome to Poly Community.

This needs to be investigated and suggest you to log a ticket for this.

Troubleshooting or providing support via the community is outside the scope for myself as a Poly employee.

Please raise a ticket with Poly Technical Support.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply, or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer. Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.

HP Recommended

I opened ticket. Answer is basically to try to return it and get new one...

HP Recommended

Hello @Zmaila ,

In this case I will recommend you to do the suggested steps and that should take care of the issue.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Admin is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. This forum replies or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer. Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.