Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I've been using the Backbeats for about 4 years by now, and just recently have had problems with them. Whenever I turn them on, they sometimes cut the audio completely, and nothing is playing, not even the noise-cancelling background noise. 

Usually, they'd say "Power on. Battery high. Phone 1 connected." and then I can hear that they're on by the noise they give off. I don't exactly know if it's the noise cancelling stuff making that noise, but regardless, it gives it off.

Now when i turn them on, they either, do not make the "Power on" speech, or have it cut. Afterwards it completely quiet, as if they were turned off. If I was watching a movie, video, or listening to music, it'd cut out the audio completely, pause whatever I was doing, and only sometimes reconnect by saying "phone 1 connected".

I've tried troubleshooting to the best of my abilities, but I don't think a regular person like me can do anything to fix it, if it can be fixed. 

Having not only the audio cut out, but it also saying that it was disconnected is frustrating, especially when it's one of the best headphones I've used.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.