Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

I've a problem with my Voyager Focus UC and BT600. BT600 constantly flashes blue even I'm not on a call. This is a problem because audio goes always through BT600 and never on the smartphone.

My environment is:

Windows 10 21H2

Teams

BT600 firmware 2120

Voyager Focus UC firmware 711

Smartphone Android 11

Has someone else this kind of issue? Has someone fixed it?

33 REPLIES 33
HP Recommended

Hello Michele, I do not recognize this, mine is solid purple (Teams)

Have you already tried the Reset Device options in Lens Desktop?

There is also one for the Voyager Focus itself.

BR, Beyond Conference

HP Recommended

Hi and thank you for your reply.

Solid Purple is the correct status, mine is not. I've done a lot of tries, my status changes after the first call of the day, then it stays flashing blue for the rest of the day.

I could try to reset device as you're suggesting, but it's not clear for me what do you mean with "Lens Desktop". What is it?

HP Recommended

That is a Windows program to manage your Poly Devices

See link below:

Poly Lens App - Make it your own | Poly, formerly Plantronics & Polycom

HP Recommended

Ah ok, I was using Plantronics Hub, I think it's not so different.

Just in case, I've tried removing Plantronics Hub, installing Poly Lens and resetting devices (Voyager + BT600) to factory defaults but nothing changed 😞

Other ideas?

HP Recommended

No they are supported in both applications. But Lens Desktop is the replacement of the Hub.
Does it still flashes when the Bluetooth on the phone is not activated. 

Power off the headset, disable Bluetooth on the phone, remove BT600 from the USB port,

plug the BT600 into the USB port (if possible to a other port), power on the headset and check if anything has changed.

And is there a possibility to try it on a other PC? 

HP Recommended

I've tried your action plan without success.

I will try using Voyager+BT600 on another computer, but I'm quite sure it will work. I think there is something in my laptop not working correctly....but what? And how can I find it?

Another way should be trying a new user profile on my laptop, just for testing....

HP Recommended

No good news here. I've done some more tests.

- Logging in on my laptop using a different user, the issue is totally identical

- Using my BT600 + Voyager UC on another computer, it works as expected without any issue

Another detail: on my laptop when the user profile is loaded, the led status is ok, then if I try a test call using Teams, it starts flashing blue, when I finish the call, it stops flashing for exactly 10 seconds, then it starts flashing blue again and it never stops.

So the problem is on my laptop, but where? How can I find if there is a process changing the right behavior?

HP Recommended

Hello michele.berardo@gmail.com 

Greetings from Poly.

I believe the A2DP profile is either turned OFF on the Voyager headset or might be active with another audio streaming device without being noticed by the user (e.g. a smartphone playing music with the volume level all the way down).

There might be a program or service running causing the Phone Audio Profile to remain open such as a softphone dialer.

On a PC or Mac, opening the recording device properties activates the Phone Audio on the headset to monitor transmit activity which can be seen in the level bars. This causes the LED light on the BT600 to flash blue and will reproduce the current computer audio within the same Phone Audio profile (Not A2DP).

Also check the status of the streaming audio setting of the headset via HUB for PC or Mac, or HUB Mobile, and make sure it is turned ON.

If A2DP is already turned ON, check if there is an active connection of the headset with another device such as smartphones or tablets, and stop the currently active media connection.

If you still encounter the issue then please open a support ticket with Poly.

HP Recommended

Hi Mukesh and thank you very much for your deep analysis. I'd like to check what you suggest, but I'm not so skilled 🙂

[you] I believe the A2DP profile is either turned OFF on the Voyager headset or might be active with another audio streaming device without being noticed by the user (e.g. a smartphone playing music with the volume level all the way down).

[me] the issue is present even with smartphone disconnected, the problem is on my computer. How can I check if A2DP profile in on, on my computer?

[you] There might be a program or service running causing the Phone Audio Profile to remain open such as a softphone dialer.

[me] for me too, but I've tried even with a new Windows User Profile, without opening anything but Teams....same issue

[you] On a PC or Mac, opening the recording device properties activates the Phone Audio on the headset to monitor transmit activity which can be seen in the level bars. This causes the LED light on the BT600 to flash blue and will reproduce the current computer audio within the same Phone Audio profile (Not A2DP).

[me] not so clear to me, I'm sorry

[you] Also check the status of the streaming audio setting of the headset via HUB for PC or Mac, or HUB Mobile, and make sure it is turned ON.

[me] not so clear to me, where are they on Windows?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.