Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?

Answer: As explained within the Announcements => here <=

QUOTE:

• The purpose of these forums is to allow community members to collaborate and help each other.
    Questions posted here do not follow Poly’s SLA / Service Level Agreement guidelines.
    If you require assistance from Poly technical support, please open a 
    web service request or call us.

and in addition within the VoIP Read First => here <=

QUOTE:

• As the title suggests, the Community Forums are open to all and driven by the Poly community: customers, resellers, distributors, and other industry activists from all over the world.
    The Community Forums are NOT an official support channel, and answers or suggestions provided by other community members may not always resolve your issue.
    If you need official support for your Poly product or service, please contact Poly directly through the official support channels, or contact your Certified Poly Partner for assistance.

The Poly Community is not a replacement for the Poly Support Structure and any End User should contact Poly support directly within warranty and outside of warranty their certified Poly Reseller to contact Poly Support in order to raise a case.

A Poly device may be purchased via an online reseller that is not actually certified and therefore unable to raise a case directly with Poly Support. In this instance, the reseller should contact their Poly Distributor to get this brought to the attention of Poly Support.

If above all fail the End User may contact Poly Support directly and they will advise who the distributor is and the customer can then work with the distributor but may be asked to pay a PPI (Pay per Incident) Fee. 

Details on this can be found => here <=

Question: Why am I being asked to contact my Poly Reseller?

Answer: Poly certified Resellers should be aware and trained on the Poly Product Portfolio and therefore able to provide Tier 1 support to their Customers. If the level of required support is outside their scope of troubleshooting ability's they can raise tickets with Poly Support directly and work on these issues with Poly Tier 2 Support and escalate within Poly.

Question: Can I still post questions in the community even if I am aware that I will not receive a Level of Support that may be needed to troubleshoot my issue?

Answer: Yes, any community Member can post questions but should not expect a prompt reply from any other community members. A Moderator may reply to a post highlight the correct escalation/support path that should be taken. Please do not "bump" your posts via re-posting as mentioned in the Read First. 

An issue reported within the community, that can only be fixed by Poly support, therefore needs to be reported to Poly.

Question: Why does Poly not simply open a support ticket when I post in the community?

Answer: Please check the above replies explaining why Poly may not work with End Users directly.

Question: Why is all this necessary?

Answer: Like any other professional organization Poly requires to prioritize its resources in order to provide the most efficient support to its customers. Based on the issue a Customer is facing they may require updates weekly or even multiple times a day. This cannot be ensured via the community. This also enables us to verify the entitlement using the hardware or software.

Question: Why am I being asked to provide my product's MAC address and/or Serial Number?

Resolution: Poly only sells via qualified resellers and these may sell via dealers who may not be trained on these products. In order to identify the reseller, the unit was sold via we need the MAC address and/or Serial Number to provide their details so they can open a support ticket as explained within this post. In addition, Poly reserves the right to audit your deployment to verify that you have sufficient licenses to match the number of devices being used.

Question: How can I contact or find this quoted reseller?

Answer: Please check the following form => here <=

Question: A Poly employee quoted a case that sounds like my issue so why does Poly not deal with my issue via the community?

Answer: A issue may sound the same but the Poly employee can only assume it is the same but may require additional logs etc. This cannot be done via the medium of a community forum as sensitive data or accounts may need to be shared.

Question: Why can a Poly employee not help me via the Community Private message system?

Answer: Like any other professional organization Poly requires to prioritize its resources in order to provide the most efficient support to its customers. Based on the issue a Customer is facing they may require updates weekly or even multiple times a day. This cannot be ensured via the free community. 

Question: I still demand that a Poly employee answers my question or deals with my issue within the community for free

Answer: Please bear in mind that Community participation is a voluntary act and the Poly employees do this in their spare time. Many also work in the community outside their working hours, on weekends, or even during their holidays.

Issues that arise and cannot be solved in an easy manner can either get dealt with if within warranty via the Poly reseller or outside of warranty via PPI / Pay Per Incident.

Working with support ensures timely replies and the security of any provided customer data. In addition, Poly employees can identify the requirement of a case having to be dealt with by their Support team.

Service Offerings: 

• More details on Poly Support offerings for End Customers can be found => here <=

Part numbers for audio solution design:

PDMS-E

6867-08602-120

Solution Design for Voice Endpoints, 2 Days Remote, VVX/Trio use cases. Onboard to PDMS-E and Cloud Relay or use of existing provisioning server

6867-08602-130

Solution Design for Voice Endpoints, 3 Days Remote, VVX/Trio use cases. Onboard to PDMS-E and Cloud Relay or use of existing provisioning server

6867-08602-150

Solution Design for Voice Endpoints, 5 Days Remote, VVX/Trio use cases. Onboardto PDMS-E and Cloud Relay or use of existing provisioning server

RPRM

6867-08602-131

Solution Design, Voice Endpoints, 3 Days Remote for VVX/Trio use cases. Implements RPRM provisioning server

6867-08602-151

Solution Design, Voice Endpoints, 5 Days Remote for VVX/Trio use cases. Implements RPRM provisioning server

There are 100’s of VVX part numbers a few examples below…

4870-48500-NBD

Limited Lifetime Hardware Replacement, VVX 501 12-line Business Media Phone with HD Voice. Provides 8X5 Tier 1 & Next Business Day Advance Replacement. Avail only at time of product purchase. See Service Description for Terms and Conditions. MSRP/phone.

4870-48600-RTF

Limited Lifetime Hardware Replacement, VVX 601 16-line Business Media Phone with built-in Bluetooth and HD Voice phone. Provides 8X5 Tier 1 & 10 day Return to Factory (RTF) parts replacement. See Service Description for Terms and Conditions. MSRP/phone.

We also do serialize entitlement for support as well as site entitlement. 

More details >here<

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.